Minimum access required for REST API
Paul Timms
9-6-22
Operating system: macOS
What are the minimum access rights (in access groups) required for a user to get data over the REST API?

With a user set to start from No Access, I created an access group containing:

Action > REST API > Full
Register > Items > Read

but I was unable to get the items. Do I maybe need to add a module that the Items register appears in? I can get items if I change the user to start from Full Access.
9-8-22
Hi Paul,

If the REST API is setup correctly, you should get items when you change the user to start from "Full Access".

Let us know if it works with this change.

Brgds,
Rasmus
Paul Timms
9-14-22
Hi Rasmus

Yes, as I mentioned, it works with Full Access. My question was how much can we allow/disallow before a user cannot get a specific register over the API? I want to restrict access to a third party but starting from No Access seems to take away too much.
9-26-22
Hi Paul,

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

If the starting point is "no access" you need to specify a module where the user can open the item register. You can also specify on Access group
1. Type: Setting, Item: Rest API setup, Level: Full
2. Type: Action, Item: Rest API, Level: Full

Hopefully it work with this setup!

Best Regards,
Rasmus
Paul Timms
9-28-22
Thanks Rasmus, makes sense.
Brittany McGrath
10-19-22
Hi Paul,
Do you still require assistance with this or has it been resolved?
Thank you.
Brittany McGrath
10-31-22
Marking forum post as closed now as we have not received further response.
If you have any issues or questions you wish to discuss on this please open a new post.
Thank you in advance.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for reaching out! What error do you get in server log and client log when you run the report? Please check that you have Multi Thread activated in Systems>>Settings>>O...
09:10 15 Apr 2024