Re: SERP 8.4 2017-12-09
Paul Timms
1-10-18
Hi Wayne

It should be the Standard ID of the user. The way it works, as far as I understand it, is as follows:

When first upgrading to 8.4, you can log in using one of these two methods:

Standard ID and Standard ID password
User code (Person or Global User) and password stored against the user

When you log in with your Standard ID and password, and it is verified against HansaWorld's password server, it then writes this password back to the database, overwriting the password stored against the user. From this point on, you can log in with the Standard ID and password, or user code and Standard ID password. It is no longer possible to change the password of a user in the system.

If you are on a local network and the internet drops out, logging in with Standard ID fails, you have to log in with your user code.

I hope that helps and I hope it's accurate information.

Paul
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
Thanks Gatis, anyway it seems to be reported as bug instead of wish because now it depends on who created task for whom, am I right? /Piotr W....
14:39 15 May 2024
Aldevinas Katkus
Actually a new version of this bug is SL>>Reports>>Periodic customer statement "accumulates" amounts Not sure why it was duplicated, I clicked "submit"only once....
08:09 10 May 2024