Re: Comment on why you should remove your weak eMail module from the syste
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-3-17
HI Swati,
Thanks you the marketing speak but the reality is that this email system is the worst thing in SERP in my opinion. My opinion is what determines what a client gets when they me for my opinion.

SERP cannot keep track of the original date the email was received, at least not visible to the user. So SERP has the info and the USER - the person, who uses the info, cannot see it.

SERP will not print the original date an email was received, so in a legal or internal audit, SERP email is useless.

SERP will not allow users to sort email by the original date received, so when a client referrers to an email received if they did anything to it...that date is no longer valid to the conversation.

Today a supplier invoiced us for a product that they claimed shipped to us on Oct 24th, our AP person came to me to ask about it. I added her to the email where I queried that shipment on Oct 30, 2017, so she could forward it to the supplier showing that their sales person told me to hold on for delivery for a few more days. When she tried to forward that email it claimed the date for my email was Nov 2, 2017. SERP just altered a document that has legal consequences.

Clunky, difficult to organize and alters legal legally binding details and that is just the date on the email. Then after all the functionality lacking but not listed here, there are the bugs.
The list of poor functionality and bugs is too long for this post. I am not trying beat down SERP, I am just looking for a team how a company uses their email systems and why all your additional functionality must be just that, Additional Functionality. Not supporting the basic functionality expected in an email client is not competitive.

Hansaworld has it good with us as we are a Partner we are quicker to give SERP a second chance as we would really like to sell the email systems. The potential is massive but customers, they are not that forgiving, they want functional not promising.

So I am on OutLook and I am not LookingOut for when SERP is ready for me to try again. Let me know and I will schedule a review.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Gastón Salomone
Hi, I cannot find any information on about this feature on hansamanual. That is the purpose, is it working, how it works or how must be configured to work ? For REST API many web request per...
23:47 3 Oct 2024
Paul Timms
Thanks Bror-Erik, it's hard to replicate so we won't know for sure until we upgrade the customer with this issue....
10:37 30 Sep 2024