Redefinition a main key in VARVc
Vadym
2-7-20
Hello. I try to migrate client from 8.1 to 8.5 and I have a problem.

In 8.1 VARVc was redifinited and in main key added additional index.

But if I try run 8.5 with this datadef hal.log tels me next:
"Error 1:redefinition of register VARVc is not allowed, please use RecordAddBegin()/EndRecordAdd()"

How can I solve this case?

Before

MainKeyBegin(Code,0);
KeySegment(Code);

After
MainKeyBegin(Code,0);
KeySegment(Code);
KeySegment(VARGCode);
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Paul Timms
Hi Andis, if you go to Support > FAQ, there's a section containing all of the known parameters. Paul...
15:06 11 Sep 2026
Paul Timms
Is it possible to use the parameter --skip-register-on-import with multiple registers, either by using a comma-separated string or by specifying this parameter multiple times in parameters.txt? Thi...
15:00 11 Sep 2026