Cloudnode log written to /var/log/messages
Paul Timms
8-8-18
Is it possible to prevent the cloudnode log from being written to /var/log/messages on Linux? It makes it very difficult to find useful messages about the server.
Giuseppe L.
8-9-18
Hello Paul,
thank you for reaching out to us with this question.
By default, we don't save the log in the path you indicated.
Apparently, there is a Linux setting on your server which overrides the default settings.

I suggest you check /etc/rsyslog.conf

Best Regards,
Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Paul Timms
8-13-18
Thanks Giuseppe, your information gave me enough of a clue to work out what was happening.

On Linux, I always use systemd to enable the cloudnode to run as a service, following Elar's original instructions:

"
[Unit]
Description=Standard ERP Cloud Node
After=syslog.target
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=root

WorkingDirectory=
ExecStart=/hansa-cloudnode
KillMode=process
Restart=always
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl stop hansa-cloudnode.service
systemctl start hansa-cloudnode.service
"

I discovered that all systemd services write their log messages to /var/log/messages by default, so the cloudnode was writing both to hansa.log and to /var/log/messages. To prevent this, I added:

StandardOutput=null

to the [Service] section, then reloaded the daemon and restarted the service. This should probably be added to the original notes on how to set up the service.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Ibrahim Bashir
Hello, Auto Scan Import folder is ticked. with multi-company database how to tell the file to which company to be imported? is there somewhere to tag the company where the file to be imported? ...
08:08 28 Mar 2024
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
Hello, Our client who has a new contract is trying to access there old database but it gives an error when you try to open the system "window is blocked while license is shut-down ProgressWCla...
07:15 27 Mar 2024