Symbolic links to hob folder
Paul Timms
8-14-18
I've installed some quicker storage onto one of our virtual servers, and copied our SERP system onto it. The data folder on My Standard uses a symbolic link to point to the actual path, and all I did was change this symbolic link to point to the new path. This seems to have worked fine.

If I look at the running processes containing StandardERPServer, I can see the --workdir parameter has the symbolic link path, whereas the --hobfolder parameter contains the link to the actual folder location. This presumably means that if I were to remove the Standard ERP installation on the old storage device, my system would no longer work. Why is it like this and how do we change the --hobfolder parameter to use the symbolic link?
Paul Timms
8-14-18
Actually I've just noticed that the --hobfolder parameter is pointing at the CloudNode folder, not each system's folder. But, I would like to move the CloudNode to the new storage at some point, so it would still be useful to be able to point the --hobfolder at the symbolic link.
Giuseppe L.
8-20-18
Hi Paul,
I see your point and would be nice if you make a wish.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Afternoon, Some of our customers haven't changed their passwords for a while but they're not getting any password expiry message. If I copy their Standard ID into a new user on some test ...
17:22 25 Apr 2024
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
13:09 25 Apr 2024