Error: NOT ENOUGH FREE DISK SPACE TO SAFELY CONTINUE
Paul Timms
7-14-17
At 3.39am this morning, one of my customer's systems stopped with an error:

2017-07-14 03:39:17 NOT ENOUGH FREE DISK SPACE TO SAFELY CONTINUE
2017-07-14 03:39:17 The limit is 100MB, currently there is 0MB free, add the parameter "--disable-freespace-check" to run anyway. This is NOT recommended as it endangers all your data.
2017-07-14 03:39:17 The system will now shut down.
2017-07-14 03:39:17 Exit

It then restarted and displayed the same message again, then shut down.

When the customer started up the clients this morning, they said "Please wait, we are launching your server". My Standard showed the system as Starting. However it was not starting. I clicked Restart and it started their system without any issues.

I checked the server and there's over 100Gb of free space. None of the other filesystems are out of space either. Any idea why this message occurred and how to prevent it happening in future?
Diana Klobukowska
7-19-17
Hi Paul,

I have asked one of our programmers, we should get the answer for you soon.

Regards
Diana Klobukowska
7-21-17
Hello,

the customer system might be running on an older version that had a bug in the disk-space check.
In that case, as the message quite clearly states, the system can be started using the command-line parameter --disable-freespace-check. The customer should update to a newer version.

Kind Regards
HansaWorld Team
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024