Upgrading with halcust and halpatch
Paul Timms
1-17-18
When upgrading using MyStandard, what is the correct procedure to apply a new halcust and halpatch?

The upgrade option lets you apply a halcust or halpatch folder, which I'm told should be a zip file. It's not clear how you upload both a halcust and a halpatch since you can only choose one.

When you select to run the upgrade, with a halcust.zip uploaded, it creates the text backup, then moves the existing halcust and halpatch, along with the HDB and other system files, into an oldver folder. It then applies the new system files and imports the backup. However, it does not apply the new halcust and/or halpatch, therefore the import can be a waste of time if there are changes to datadef. You then have to manually copy the halcust and halpatch folders to the server, assuming you have access, move the LCSUPDATE.TXT into the Backup folder, rename it to TBxxxxxx.TXT so that MyStandard can see it, and then use MyStandard to restore that backup.

The above process is OK for smaller systems, but not viable for larger systems as the export/import simply takes too long. The upgrade process should be as smooth as possible.
David Smerdel
3-6-18
I am facing this issue in a couple of days and would also appreciate some guidance.

I don't mind uploading halcust and halpatch manually, but datadef is definitely a problem, as are any custom import routines you might have (although these are now fortunately mostly obsolete with the new way of handling additional fields in registers).

It's nice to at least have a workaround, so big thanks for this, Paul!
Paul Timms
3-7-18
One other thing to look out for. When I reset to backup, it completes the import, renames the HDB, and starts the import again. So you may find it does three imports in total!
Aldevinas Katkus
11-20-18
Just to confirm: Today I updated from v83 halcust folder is missing halpatch was present.
Tomas J.
11-22-18
Hello,

we will report to DEV regarding this issue.
Giuseppe L.
11-22-18
Thank you for reaching out to us with this post.

We are aware the update process through MyStandard still has some procedure faults, but we are working hard to make it as smooth as possible.
Uploading the missing halcust folder can be done by the FileManager in MyStandard.
Nevertheless we know that when the folder is heavy this procedure can be inconvenient.

In the meantime would be very appreciated to get some specific wishes from you. To do that please use our wish routine.

I will keep you updated with further details since this topic has been escalated to our dev managers.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
15:52 26 Apr 2024
Afternoon, Some of our customers haven't changed their passwords for a while but they're not getting any password expiry message. If I copy their Standard ID into a new user on some test ...
17:22 25 Apr 2024