Stocked item from invoice does not go into the history
Aldevinas Katkus
3-30-18
We have at least 2 cases with different customers when an Invoice updating stock does not create a record in the Item History. This results in incorrect forward balance of the stocked item in the item history report. Item status is OK - we have zero qty in stock, so it means OKing the invoice updated the Item Status register, but didn't update the Item history register.
Anyone faced with this? What could be the reason for this?
I cannot replicate it on my demo.
In the last case I have digged into the Item history register and found out there was an orphan item (item type=plain) from the same invoice with a different Trans. date (I have reported a bug about orphan plain items) apparently the customer created an invoice with a plain item, OKed it, then UnOKed, then deleted an invoice and created an invoice with the same number with a different (stocked) item. But this should not create any problems I as far as I understand.
Aldevinas Katkus
3-30-18
P.S. fwd balance in the item history report is non zero, when it should be zero in the above case.
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-6-18
Created byAldevinas Katkus14:00 30 Mar 2018
P.S. fwd balance in the item history report is non zero, when it should be zero in the above case.
This happens when there is a problem with your item status vc balance for this item.
Aldevinas Katkus
4-6-18
Created bySanjay Parbhoo10:13 6 Apr 2018
This happens when there is a problem with your item status vc balance for this item.
I cannot confirm that, but I have checked the item history and Item status myself before OKing the invoice and item status seemed to be OK before OKing the invoice. Anyway, I will try to check it again, because the client has an identical problem with another item.
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-6-18
Created byAldevinas Katkus10:37 6 Apr 2018
I cannot confirm that, but I have checked the item history and Item status myself before OKing the invoice and item status seemed to be OK before OKing the invoice. Anyway, I will try to check it again, because the client has an identical problem with ano
Yup, the forward balance issue is probably the main problem. The forward balance really should be 0 on the item history.

In a test environment, I would rebuild stock or if that is too drastic, recalc the item status.

good luck
Aldevinas Katkus
4-6-18
Created bySanjay Parbhoo10:43 6 Apr 2018
Yup, the forward balance issue is probably the main problem. The forward balance really should be 0 on the item history. In a test environment, I would rebuild stock or if that is too drastic, recalc the item status. good luck
In one case I just removed those old ghost/orphan records from the ItemHistVc, then recalculated Item Status and Oked successfully. I tried to dig in the source why it happens, but that's very time consuming...
I have a report which shows invoices and Stock Depreciations without a corresponding record in the Item History. I am afraid of Rebuilding stock, it sometimes may produce entirely different item history (faced with that years ago).
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024