Edit Field Settings
Paul Timms
4-30-18
Are there any instructions on how to use this feature? I can edit field settings in some windows but not others, e.g. I can edit in Orders but not in Contacts.

Is it possible to apply to a different access group to the one you belong to? That also didn't work when I tried it.

Is it possible to apply to all access groups in one go?
Omar Dottin
5-3-18
Hi, the instructions on how to use this feature are below.

With this functionality it is possible to do a basic setup of any Edit Field:
- to change its label
- to hide it or hide if it contains data
- to make it mandatory

User that is configuring Edit Field should belong to access group that has following access right:
Type = Action
Item = Field Settings
Level = Full

After restart, user with above access right will have new option in File menu: Edit Field Settings. The same option is used both to turn the setup of Edit Fields on and off.

After turning the setup of Edit fields On, new window called "Field Settings" will appear. Here, user that is configuring edit fields should:
- decide the access group that will be affected with the configuration
- decide weather to see the changes in the interface (the way how users of chosen access group will see it) or not.

Once this is decided, user who is configuring edit fields should choose any Edit Field (by placing the cursor in it). New window will open called "Field Settings" where user can configure the Edit Field.
This window shows:
- Access Group = access group for which the changes are made
- Window = Current window
- Field = chosen field
- Custom label = New label for the field. If value is entered, that value will appear as a field name for specified access group
- Show = field is visible and can be edited
- View only = field is visible, but cannot be edited
- Hide = field is hidden
- Hide when not Empty = if it contains data, field is not visible
- Default = as defined by the rest of the system rules
- Mandatory = entering data is mandatory

All configurations of the Edit Fields are stored in Technics module >> Settings >> Field Settings.

Potential for further development:
- Changing the length of the field
- Changing how many characters field can accept
- Editing other, not only Edit Fields
- Setting the field for all system, not just for one window
- Setting the field for multiple access rights at once
- Setting the field for all access rights

Best,
HW Support
Paul Timms
5-3-18
Thanks Omar. Then it must be a bug that I cannot edit fields in the Contact window. In fact there are a number of bugs with it, I'll report them individually. Or is there already a list of known bugs?
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024