Bus Error: 10
Gastón Salomone
3-6-17
Hi,

I recently migrated a client to 8.3 2017-01-25. Server is running on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3.

After two days runing without problems, server crash and the last line on terminal window is "Bus Error: 10".

That error is not included on Log file.

Server is failing randomly, times Backup is done at 400am without error, Database Copy and second Copy done perfectly and no errors about index or D4Disk.

On saturday we disabled TimaMachine Backup because we think that maybe some file could be locked while doing the backup, but today server crash again.

What this error is related about ? Database, Conectivity, disk, process, Backup. Any hint ?

Regards

Ricardo
Gastón Salomone
3-7-17
Hi

This client has BI and Dashboard enabled. We found that after any user open BI Window from Control Panel, server crash with Bus Error: 10

I tested on Windows Client Server mode, and Works perfectly, also tested with Linux server and OSX or Windows client and server does not crash but client does.

I made all test with and without hal customizations. Its very dificult to reproduce the error.
Because the error is not on hansa.log must be an error of the process or memory.

Of course it could be an error of my client server machine.

Can anyone give me any hint on this error ?

Please, search "Bus Error" in hansa source code !!!

Elar Tammeraja
3-16-17
Sounds like a repeatable issue, pls report as a bug and we will look into it
Gastón Salomone
3-27-17
Elar,

Yes, Its is a repeatable issue, but only in My client Server :-(
To avoid a database damage We disabled BI and for 20 days there was no problem at all.

Last thursday, after server check for enabler Key, BI re-enabled again and Server crash 3 times during day.
We know that lot of users requested several reports, so we think that BI module is making some calculations that may provoque server crash.

Is there any background work that BI module do during server normal work that may provoque the bug.

Apparently is OSX who kill Server process because, hansa.log did not record the last line "Bus Error: 10".

I google that error, and its a common error of OSX related to memory processing.

As soon as I can reproduce this on another server I will report as bug.
Database is 3.8GB.

Next week I will have time to test in my Client server, what is happening when he opens BI Dashboard.

Paul Timms
3-28-17
If you want to prevent the crashes, you can disable the BI Dashboard using Access Groups. You will find an action called View Dashboard, which you can set to None for all users, then they won't see the BI button.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024