how to change Standard ID for a user
Aldevinas Katkus
6-6-18
I had a standard ID ak@... asigned to the user AD, now I would like to change it to ad@... for the user AD.
I have changed the Standard ID in the Persons register and validated it via the corresponding menu item, however, after restoring from the backup I can only login one and only one time - the first time after restoring from the backup. The next time the Standard ID password is rejected.
What is the procedure of changing the standard ID for the user?
Giuseppe L.
6-12-18
Hello Aldevinas,
it looks like a bug, please report it specifying the version, because, so far I've not been able to replicate it.

Best Regards
Giuseppe
HansaWorld Support

Pijus Juodis
6-12-18
Hi,

Just to be sure - you are not able to login with the new StandardID, i.e. ad@...?
What if you try logging in with the old one - ak@...? Does this work?

Which version are you testing this in?

Thanks for the answers.

Best regards,

HansaWorld team
Aldevinas Katkus
6-12-18
I am using v. 8,4 2018-05-14. If I restore the standard ID to ak@... after I log into the system the first time after restoring from the backup, I can still login with ak@... at any time later.
I am not able to login with ad@.. at any time after changing the Standard ID to ad@...
Pijus Juodis
6-13-18
So, I have just tried repeating the issue and made the following steps:

1. Created a local company with one user, StandardID - a@a.a

2. Changed System>>Persons>>my user>>StandardID to b@b.b
3. Logged out and logged in with b@b.b - worked fine
4. Made TB
5. Restored to this TB
6. Logged in with b@b.b - worked fine
7. Tried to log in with a@a.a - could not do that - works fine.

Could you tell me if I made the same steps that should have allowed me to repeat the issue, or did I miss something?

P.S. tested in the same version, so we are most probably missing some piece of information in order to repeat this issue.

Looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,
HansaWorld team
Pijus Juodis
6-19-18
The following issue has been reported as a bug with a specific text backup attached. Will update this post when the issue is fixed.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024