System is reporting Inventory usage account Delivery Accrual to be set
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
7-18-18
Hi,

My client could have changed some setting or made some change that when ever they post a delivery charge (plain item) and try to invoice the system is complaining that the Inventory -> Setting _ Inventory Ac cont Usage -> Delivery Accrual account was missing.

I had them add something into the field but I am wondering what triggers the need for this setting?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
Omar Dottin
7-19-18
Hi Wayne! Is that item linked to an item group that contains stocked items? This technically should not apply, but it could be the current logic. We will do some investigating about this and get back to you. Thanks!

Omar
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
10-20-18
Thanks. It would be nice if this system started back email us when an update is made. Logging in daily to check is not a way to encourage me to use this it is just telling me that there is no deep desire to get answers to partners in a timely manner. automation..it works.

TTYL
Omar Dottin
12-27-19
Hey Wayne,

If the customer specified Fixed Freight on the Costs tile of the item record that was created for Freight, and also selects checkbox "Include Item Fixed Charge", then Standard ERP automatically knows to look at the Freight/Delivery Accruals account specified in

Module Inventory >> Settings >> Account Usage Inventory >> Purchase Cost tile >> Freight Accrual

because this is the account system uses to book the cost of freight on receipt of goods.

Hope this helps to clarify what triggered the system to display that message. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Omar
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024