Invoice Discount Field
Support
7-20-18
Dear All;

Currently our client is on Standard ERP V 8.2 and they want a way that will enable particular users to add a single discount percentage on quotes ad invoices.

The users have been denied access to the "Change Unit Prices" Action and "Base Price Changes" in their Access Group to prevent them from changing the item prices on the lines or in the item card. This means they can't add figures on the discount % column, per line, on the Quotes.

However, they also require to add a percentage discount on the Sales quote/invoice Sub Total for their clients, e.g. a 7% Discount on the Subtotal without changiung the line discount percentage.

Is there a way they can achieve this without customization to the Quotation/Invoice card?
Giuseppe L.
8-23-18
Hello,
and thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry.

I tried many different action combinations in the Access Rights setting and I haven't been able to unlock the discount per row.
Considering you would have a discount field affecting the Subtotal only, HAL is the only way to get this.
However, I see the value of your customer's request and I strongly suggest to make a wish about it.

Best Regards
Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
4-15-19
Hello,

I also had such a request from my customer. It can be solved by setting. The procedure is as follows:

1. In module Pricing/ Register Item formula set discounts on Group Items. To column % enter a value for example: -7.
2. Create an item with description Discount 7%, to field on Item /flip Pricing/ field Item Formula paste special item formula from first step.
3. On Invoice or Sales order add several lines of items from group item specified in item formula.
4. After entering items insert item Discount 7%. Item automatically will calculate discount.

Pavel Andok
Partner HansaWorld in Slovakia
Giuseppe L.
4-16-19
Thank your your contribution Pavel.
I hope this will help others as well.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024