Rate Gain and Loss in Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
7-23-18
Hi,

I create prepayment in Purchase Ledger module. (UK demo)
Bank amount in Base Currency 900 GBP and Sent Value 1000 EUR. (Bank Amount was manually changed to 900)
Then all Prepayment was used in Purchase Invoice (Currency EUR, Total amount 1000)
In result no Balance for this Prepayment in reports (Prepayment History P/L and Periodic Supplier Statement).

If i do same in Sales Ledger module. In Prepayment History S/L and Periodic Customer Statement report there is Balance left.

Something wrong with settings or the way how prepayments are created in two currencies?
Ore there is bug in Sales Ledger module reports or Purchase Ledger reports?

Please advice for best practise how to create Receipt and Payment in two currencies.
Pijus Juodis
7-24-18
Hi,

Firstly, I believe that the case in Sales Ledger is a bug. The reports should show 0.00 balances, because you can see in the NL Transaction that the exchange rate difference is booked to Exchange Rate Gains account.

I would suggest to use Exchange Rates register and enter manually (or import automatically) exchange rates before registering multi-currency records. In this case the system will calculate exchange rate automatically and prevent from this bug.

Anyway, I would suggest that you report this issue with Sales Ledger reports as a bug.

Thank you!

Best regards,

HansaWorld Team
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024