How to correctly setup LiveSync on a windows machine
Elvis Kvalbergs
7-26-18
My customer has normal client and wants to create a LiveSync client. Before it was possible simply by copying existing client, removing HANSA.HDB and after launching this copy a new connection window would be shown. But now on windows after these operations window "We are launching your server" is shown and after a while client crashes.

I presume that there is some hidden place where it is stored on client that there was some server it should be connecting to and I need to remove that reference in order to get a fresh connection possibility. Anyone knows how to do that?

Thanks a lot!
Omar Dottin
7-27-18
Hi Elvis, we will investigate your query and get back to you with a response soon. Thanks!
Elvis Kvalbergs
8-2-18
Created byOmar Dottin05:23 27 July 2018
Hi Elvis, we will investigate your query and get back to you with a response soon. Thanks!
Any news Omar?
Omar Dottin
8-3-18
Hi Elvis, we are still investigating a solution but as of now it is recommended to download a fresh client from standardinstall. If needed I could provide it for you.
Elvis Kvalbergs
8-9-18
Created byOmar Dottin12:38 3 Aug 2018
Hi Elvis, we are still investigating a solution but as of now it is recommended to download a fresh client from standardinstall. If needed I could provide it for you.
There is no version like that available on standardinstall. What then?
Andreas Styrnell
8-10-18
Hi,

1. Delete HANSA.HDB.
2. Open DatabaseStatus.txt and remove the text inside, save.
3. Now it should work

//Andreas
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024