“OpenForm” primitive Crashes Server when printing statements
UNILYNX
8-7-18
We have a customers using a fully customised Credit Management Module.

Since they upgraded to version 8, the Statement Routine started behaving erratically. It works for a while and then it stops again.

Our Developers traced the problem to a default print function called “OpenForm”.

In short, the Routine will run but as soon as it calls this print function it crashes the Server.

The primitive is used to print the required data on a form.

Our developers can’t change how this works within HansaWorld as the primitive is part of the C code.

The same primitive is used to print Invoices, and Invoices are printing as expected with no crashes.

Have any of the functions regarding the “OpenForm” primitive changed after version 8 release?

Giuseppe L.
8-8-18
Hello and thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry.
Since nothing has changed in the OpenForm primitive we need to investigate more about the HAL customization about Credit Management.

Let's start collecting more information I can submit to our programmers.
Do you run OpenForm on the Server or on the Client?

What happens exactly? a crash or just an idle behavior?

Best regards

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
UNILYNX
8-21-18
Created byGiuseppe L.09:49 8 Aug 2018
Hello and thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry. Since nothing has changed in the OpenForm primitive we need to investigate more about the HAL customization about Credit Management. Let's start collecting more information I can submit to ou
Hi Giuseppe,

(1) OpenForm runs on the Linux Server
(2) The Server crashes and has to be restarted. There are no messages or anything in the log file.
It simply freezes.
(3) The Statement is run in "Forms"

(4) Do you want the related HAL files? Document//CMForm.hal?
(5) Credit Management is a standard HansaWorld maintained HAL Module.
Menu Item Credit Management.
(6) Can you confirm that the standard version of Credit Management statement works.

Another point:-

The invoice in Forms does work using the same methodology.

Unilynx Cape Town
Giuseppe L.
8-21-18
Created byUNILYNX10:12 21 Aug 2018
Hi Giuseppe, (1) OpenForm runs on the Linux Server (2) The Server crashes and has to be restarted. There are no messages or anything in the log file. It simply freezes. (3) The Statement is run in "Forms" (4) Do you want the related HAL files? Do
Hello, and thank you for all the information you gave me. I thought the issue was potentially caused by the customization.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate the crash on an Ububuntu server with 8.4 2018-05-14 built 84191707. So, yes I confirm it. works without causing any server crash.
If you are able to replicate it, please report it as a bug attaching a sample database.
Getting a bugged environment I will be able to verify and escalate it to our dev managers and programmers.
I look forward to your reply.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024