Contacts require e-mail address
Paul Timms
10-26-18
I'm setting up a system in 8.5 2018-10-04. When saving a new Contact record, and the e-mail address is blank, the message "May not be blank" appears, and the cursor takes you to the e-mail field. If a contact has been imported without an e-mail address, when you try to update the contact and save it, the same message appears but the cursor does not take you to the e-mail field.

I've had a look through all the record checks to do with CUVc and cannot find anywhere that requires an e-mail address. I've added a trace at the beginning of CUVcRecordCheck, and the trace does not appear, so this would indicate that either some HAL or C code is running before CUVcRecordCheck is run.

I have tried this in sample data using the same version and HAL, but it does not ask for the e-mail address to be non-blank. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
Giuseppe L.
10-29-18
Hi Paul,
thank you for reaching out to us with your post.

Please check if the flag "Don't use Address Lockup when creating new Contact" in the CRM Module>Setting>Contact Setting is unticked.
If no please tick it. This has been the only way I got the message by UK sample data.
I hope that helps.

Best Regard,
Giuseppe
HansaWorld
Paul Timms
10-29-18
Hi Giuseppe

Thanks, but this is already ticked in my client's data. Bit of a mystery really.

Paul
Giuseppe L.
11-4-18
Thank you Paul for reporting this as a Bug.
Our programmer will look into it.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024