Text backup won't import - GlobalUserPasswdVc
Vaughan Data Systems
11-2-18
We are looking to upgrade a customer but Hansa won't import their backup anymore.

We've tried various different versions of Hansa, but it seems to be an issue with the database.

When doing an import, it gets to UserLoginVc and then stops - which leads me to believe the issue is with GlobalUserPasswdVc

Oddly, text backups from a few weeks ago don't have this issue.

Please can someone advise as we've tried everything we can think of?

Thanks.
Giuseppe L.
11-2-18
Hello and thank you for reaching out to us with your case.
Unfortunately we are not aware of this issue and most likely is something related to the Db more than to StandardERP.
Have you been able to repeat it with sample data?

Look forward to your reply,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Vaughan Data Systems
11-5-18
Hi Giuseppe.

I'm not really sure how to go about trying to repeat that in sample data.

Is GlobalUserPasswdVc even used anymore in the latest version of Hansa?

I think this line is the problem if that helps:

JP    1066850238    UserVc   

Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
11-6-18
Hello.

You can check with our sample data from version customer is updating from. Set up Global user, password, export and import to new version if you observer such issue.
In new version you can still add user and set up password old way until this user logs in with Standard ID old way password will work.

If you can repeat problem with sample data please report it as a bug regular way.

Vaughan Data Systems
11-6-18
Hi Agnieszka.

I can try and repeat this in sample data but I was really looking for a solution now.

If GlobalUserPasswdVc is not required then we will try importing the database without this and see what happens.

Thanks.
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
11-13-18
Are you sure this is GlobalUserPasswdVc fault? Have you tried to export just this register via Database Maintenance > Register export option and import to new version if it fails?
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024