Attachements not downloading / opening on windows
Siniša Peteh
11-13-18
Hey guys.

For quite some time I have now been having problems with my windows users that I can't repeat on sample demo data ... but the issue is there. So this applies to versions from 8.1 to 8.4. I have multiple PDF files attached to a record >> for instance Purchase order. When a user logs in (Windows client) he can click multiple files and can open / store them. It can work for up to 100+ files. Then something happens and it is impossible for user to open / save the attached file and has to re-start the client.

Extra piece of info: When i select a "Save file" from the attachment a new / blank file is created on the client computer. The file had read/write lock on it and I can't access it until I close / restart the client.

Has anyone observed similar issue?
Giuseppe L.
11-14-18
Hello Siniša,
I'm not aware of this issue, none as ever reported it.
I escalated it to our Dev Managers.

Best regards,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Giuseppe L.
11-15-18
Hello Siniša,
Please report the scenario as a bug. I understood it's not repeatable in sample data, but you can attach the client/server log (verbose preferably) to give one more chance to our programmer to understand why this happens.

Best Regards,
Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024