Distribute compiled Halcust/Halptch
Gastón Salomone
12-12-18
Hi,

I have two requirements that involves compiling halcust/halpatch hal files.

A Customer requieres to distribute only compiled hal files, not the source code human readable that SERP usually use.
This is because this customer has an in-house employee in one of their clients office and the security measures request this.
Also because they do not want any user to obtain business logic of some customized modules from that hal files.
This is an important requirment because this employee is not able to use external laptops and SERP must be installed in a computer outside the company.

Another important thing is that as a HW Developer I requiere to hide some of my developments and offer solutions in a box with the security that anyone could steal the code.

The question is simple, How is the procedure to compile Hal fles, hal folders, deliver them to the clien app and also at the server.
HansaMail use compiled hal, so How I can do the same ? Delivering hal files directly to all users is a big scerurity flaw.

Is there any manual or reference code/tutorial to do this.

My customer is waiting for an answer.

P.D.: I already implemented the procedure to wait until SERP compile all fles in hal.hob and use that file, but SERP do strange this with this files and many times I end with SERP updating wrongly at startup and useless Client app.
Jarek Jamroszczak
12-13-18
Hello

it is not possible to distribute compiled hal files

afaik there is decision it should be possible
please push HQ Operations to finish that

Regards

Jarek
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024