Emails arriving with no contents
Julia Underwood
4-28-17
We have a customer who has been sending html emails for invoices for some time in 8.1. One day they stopped sending with correctly, as in the arrived with the customer with no contents (body missing) and no pdf.

This problem persists. Sometimes they will send correctly for a day and then they stop again.

They have the message: Unable to send System e-mails. From System Setting Field is Blank! In the log regardless of success or not.

The email queue shows the email as correct, with body and pdf in the paperclip and correct in all cases and sent successfully

We tried changing the SMTP server used – this fixed the problem for a couple of emails then reverted to no contents attachments.

If they change to plain emails then they have the contents, but no pdf attachment.

Over the last 15 days – the server has been up and for 14 days the emails were stripped empty by the tie the arrived with the recipient. Yesterday a batch at 17:00 were perfect fine. Then it reverted today to stripped.

Any ideas?
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
5-1-17
We have been seeing this as well. Customer will suddenly email us back saying the email sent had no content. When we check it has the thread but nothing that was typed in the response. I noticed that once the email starts dong this any attempt to reply will not allow you to type in the body as well.

Typically I have to convert the email to Text and delete the attachment for body.html and I can reply but it is messy as the thread format is lost and lots of HTML codes appear in the text body.

Very interested in someone figuring out why this happens. Thanks.

I have lots of samples if anyone is interested.
Diana Klobukowska
5-12-17
Hi,

There was a problem with the HTML emails not been sent in version 8.1
We made many stability fixes to email functionality in autumn 2016 (8.2 version).
Patching these types of problems is very difficult and time consuming so its not a good option.
At this point we would suggest to update to 8.3, that is the released version
Old emails might go out after updating, so deleting the email queue for old unsent emails might be necessary to avoid it.

Kind Regards,
HnasaWorld Team

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024