Cost prices with more than 5 decimal places
Paul Timms
10-23-19
Is it possible to set SERP to use more than 5 decimal places for cost prices? I have tried setting to 6 in System > Settings > Round Off, but cost prices are still being rounded to 5 decimal places. This is causing issues as follows:

Purchase Order is placed for an item, where the supplier unit is 1000 and the price per 1000 is 6.536. The quantity on the order is one million, giving a total of 6536.00.

When the goods receipt is created, it has a unit price of 0.00654 and row sum of 6540.00. This value debits stock and credits purchase invoice accruals.

When the purchase invoice is created, it has the correct price of 6536.00, and this amount debits purchase invoice accruals, leaving an imbalance of 4.00.

If there's no way to fix this in standard, I will have to write something in HAL to make the goods receipt value calculate correctly.
Omar Dottin
10-28-19
Hi Paul! I am investigating your issue. Will check and if there is no workaround, will create a bug report and escalate.

Thanks!
Omar
Omar Dottin
10-28-19
Hi Paul, its confirmed that we have a 5 place decimal limit with cost price. Will escalate your issue so we can fix. Thanks!

Omar
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024