Can't launch Android client
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
6-1-20
Operating system: Android
Hi,

We have an issue:
1. Server is located at client side.
* Customer can't connect with Android client. Gets message 326 and white screen. For second time application crashes.
* I can connect with Android client to his server. Can log out and log in as many times as I want successfully.
** Customer have granted access to my IP address.

2. Server is location in our Cloud Controller.
* Customer can connect with Android client.
* I can connect with Android client.

On both servers have same version and HAL code.
* Defined same HAL rules

What could be the reason why customer can't connect to his own server successfully? Tip where to look?
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
6-1-20
Additionaly:
* If we create server with Demo data and no HAL at customers side, customer can connect with Android.
* If we create server with Demo data and HAL at customers side, customer can't connect with Android. I from my side still can connect.
Zilvinas Suliauskas
6-2-20
Hello Katrine

I asked our PM to look at it. He will come back with the reply.

Best regards
Simone M.
6-3-20
Hi Katrīne,
Which version are you using and on which device?
We have recently fixed some crash bugs (in version 2020-05-13), where on the same Android version,
SERP was behaving differently depending on the tablet's brand.

Best Regards,
HansaWorld Support
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
6-3-20
Created bySimone M.11:09 3 Jun 2020
Hi Katrīne, Which version are you using and on which device? We have recently fixed some crash bugs (in version 2020-05-13), where on the same Android version, SERP was behaving differently depending on the tablet's brand. Best Regards, HansaWorld Supp
Hi,

We have tested on 2020-01-07, 2020-03-24 and 2020-04-20.
Tried Zebra device with Android 8.1. Also different simulators - usually the problem was error 326 and app crashes at second launch.

2020-05-13 is available for testing?

Best regards,

Katrine
Simone M.
6-3-20
Hi,
Version 2020-05-13 is our current release candidate.
If you have access to the developer area on standardinstall.com then yes, you can use it.
I've done several testing on Android 9.0, so I'm sure about version 8.1;
can you please update your device?

Best Regards,
HansaWorld Support
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
6-5-20
Created bySimone M.18:18 3 Jun 2020
Hi, Version 2020-05-13 is our current release candidate. If you have access to the developer area on standardinstall.com then yes, you can use it. I've done several testing on Android 9.0, so I'm sure about version 8.1; can you please update your device?
Hi,

Tried with 2020-05-13 version. Didn't succeed.
* Note: Have halcust.
App stuck at login. After maybe 3rd time could log in but Navigation Centre were inactive and afterword app crashed.

We didn't update Device to 9.0. This really could be the reason.

Device: ZEBRA TC25BJ-10C102A6 (Upgrade Android 8.1)
Simone M.
6-5-20
Do you may have the chance to test it on Android 9.0?
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024