Stock reservations-cannot create purchase orders
Aldevinas Katkus
6-23-20
Operating system: macOS
I am trying to follow the manual http://www.hansamanuals.com/main/english/mailnumber___60167/theconf___478/manuals/levelzero___60149/version___85/hwconvindex.htm

everything works until at point 9 it stops: Create purchase orders maintenance (both running from maintenances and from sales order via Create menu) does not create purchase orders. If I run Create planned records, then purchase order is created.
I have one sales order with a few corresponding Stock Reservation records with To="Next Purchase Order" and To="Stock"

version 8.5 2020-06-05 (build 85342421).

Any ideas what I am missing?
Simone M.
6-24-20
Hi Aldevinas,
If an Item does not have a Default Purchase Item, it will usually not be included in Purchase Orders created by the 'Create Purchase Orders' function.
If you need Items that do not have Default Purchase Items to be included in Purchase Orders,
specify a Default Supplier in the Purchase Order Settings setting in the Purchase Orders module.

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Aldevinas Katkus
6-25-20
There are default purchase items.
I guess that drop ship orders are the problem: I had 2 drop ship sales orders and a few normal orders for the same item. I could not create any Purchase Order for this item via Create purchase orders maintenance (both running from maintenances and from sales order via Create menu).

I had some other item which was used in normal orders only and I could create purchase orders, though, I guess there is a bug, because the location on the purchase order is blank while on the corresponding sales order ("back to back" order logic) is not empty and as result Stock Reservations records are not affected by these Purchase Orders. The reason for this is blank location on the Purchase Item. I'll report a bug.

Another problem with stock reservations is that reservations dissapear when we delete the purchase order (OK purchase order, then unOK the purchase order and delete it).
Aldevinas Katkus
6-25-20
Created byAldevinas Katkus08:44 25 Jun 2020
There are default purchase items. I guess that drop ship orders are the problem: I had 2 drop ship sales orders and a few normal orders for the same item. I could not create any Purchase Order for this item via Create purchase orders maintenance (both ru
PS. I can see in the source that Drop ship orders are processed first by the maintenance Create purchase orders and the process somehow stucks on the Drop ship orders.
Aldevinas Katkus
6-25-20
Created byAldevinas Katkus08:46 25 Jun 2020
PS. I can see in the source that Drop ship orders are processed first by the maintenance Create purchase orders and the process somehow stucks on the Drop ship orders.
I have found the reason why purchase order does not get created: there was an existing purchase order with totally different items which was linked to this sales order. This probably could happen because in Locking>>Allow deleteting records before I had allowed to delete everything. The original SO was deleted and created a new one with the same number.
So it looks like Drop ship orders do not affect this.
Aldevinas Katkus
6-25-20
It is allowed to delete not OKed sales order which is connected to the Purchase order. After deleting the sales order we have orphan purchase order. I'll report a bug.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024