Serial Nos on Delivery Note Past 199 Items
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
12-7-20
Operating system: Windows
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
12-7-20
Hi,

I am trying to resolve an issue with a HW client where if they try to do a Delivery Note for Items in a Sales Order with more than 199 Items with Serial Nos. the Delivery Note is not being created from Hansa

The Version is 8.5 2020-01-07 Build 85330524

Regards,
John.
Björn Schwab
12-8-20
Created bySoftIQ Technologies Ltd.20:09 7 Dec 2020
Hi, I am trying to resolve an issue with a HW client where if they try to do a Delivery Note for Items in a Sales Order with more than 199 Items with Serial Nos. the Delivery Note is not being created from Hansa The Version is 8.5 2020-01-07 Build 85330
It is in the code a limit to 199 rows. It might also create multiple deliveries
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
12-8-20
Created byBjörn Schwab11:36 8 Dec 2020
It is in the code a limit to 199 rows. It might also create multiple deliveries
The client says there before in the older Version before the 8.5 Upgrade a Sales Order with say a Qty of 450 the system used to create 3 deliveries now if you put in a Sales Order more than 199 it does not create any Delivery..
Ahmed Gharaibeh
12-14-20
Hi John,

this is the limit for the sales order for the 8.5 version,

but I want to ask about what you wrote "....Delivery Note for Items in a Sales Order with more than 199 Items"

so did the customer managed to enter more that 199 to a sale order? and if yes, is this sale order was created under which version? is it 8.5 2020-01-07 version or from before?
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
12-15-20
Hello,

Yes, the client was able to put a Sales Order with Serial Numbered items for more than 199 pcs and the system would create a Delivery Note. This was happening before the March Upgrade i.e. older Versions than the 8.5

Currently I have tested on Demo data on Version 8.5 2020-10-26 Build 85344269 and so long as in a Sales Order you put more than 199 Items for a Serial numbered tracked items NO DELIVERY NOTE IS CREATED.

Please assist.
Paul Timms
12-15-20
I think the issue is this:

Add a serial-numbered item to a sales order, with qty higher than 199.
When delivery is created, it splits the lines so there is a qty of 1 on each line, since each individual unit requires a separate serial number. Therefore, if the qty on order is more than 199, it would need to fill the first delivery with 199 lines, and then add remaining lines to a new delivery, and so on until there are enough lines to cover the qty.
Brittany McGrath
12-18-20
Hi John,

Did Paul's response assist you with your query or do you require further assistance?

Thank you.
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
12-18-20
Dear Paul/Brittany,

Yes, Paul understands the issue correctly but now I need a solution. To confirm that older Versions could allow a Sales Order with say a Qty of 250 for Serial Numbered Items and it used to create 2 Deliveries one with 200 and the other with 50 I just downloaded the oldest Version I could find on standardinstall.com and yes it has done 2 delivery notes.

I can send you a demo backup of the 2 versions I have tested so far i.e. the new version 8.5 2020-01-07 and the old version 8.0 2015-12-23.

Kindly what solution can I give my client. Had they had HAL Module I would have returned the old logic in RecordAction in Sales Order.
Ahmed Gharaibeh
12-24-20
Created bySoftIQ Technologies Ltd.10:28 18 Dec 2020
Dear Paul/Brittany, Yes, Paul understands the issue correctly but now I need a solution. To confirm that older Versions could allow a Sales Order with say a Qty of 250 for Serial Numbered Items and it used to create 2 Deliveries one with 200 and the othe
Hi John,

Can you please share the demo backup
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
1-18-21
Created byAhmed Gharaibeh13:20 24 Dec 2020
Hi John, Can you please share the demo backup
Hello,

Attached are the backups for the 2 Versions.

Steps I have taken to test.

i.) Created new item 10100 - Flute Test with Serial No. tracking
ii.) Done a GRN for 400 pcs each with Serial No.
iii.) Created a Sales Order with 250 pcs
iv.) Tried to create a Delivery in Old Version 8.0 created 2 Deliveries 1st with 200 and 2nd with 50 in New Version 8.5 No Deliveries created.

Regards,
John.
Simone M.
1-18-21
Hi John,
the issue it's connected to a crash bug that we have on the max number of lines that a document can have.
(To repeat it, just try to create an invoice or a sales order, with more than 201 lines)
I've filled a bug report and escalated your issue.
The only available workaround, to not get stuck in a situation where it's not possible to create for example, a delivery,
it's to manually keep the number of lines in a document, below 200.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024