no connection to the server when generating PDF
Aldevinas Katkus
5-17-17
Customer complained about this:
When the invoice form is printed to the PDF, the error message SString(1470,"Lost connection with server, shut down?"); is shown, after waiting for a while, nothing is changed, if the user clicks "no", then another error is shown "Document not found: InvForm". How to solve this problem?
Dejan R.
5-17-17
Hello Aldevinas,

1.) Can you please provide Standard ERP version customer is using. It will more be helpful resolving an issue.
2.) Does customer have installed Cloud node?
Aldevinas Katkus
5-17-17
version 8.3 2017-03-19 (build 83250401).
The same happens printig to the normal physical printer.
Yes, the customer has the Cloud node.

We have noticed that more customers started to complain about performance problems with 8.3 such as slow saving of invoices (the same customer complained about this)
Dejan R.
5-18-17
Thank you for provided informations, they were helful.

I tested on server (same version) with UK demo and i was not able to repeat the problem.

I suggest you to:
1. add debuging and restart the server (--verbosity=debug-detailed)
2. repeat the issue
3. send me log file
Aldevinas Katkus
5-19-17
Just an idea: can you simulate bad internet connection to the internet during the printing?
Dejan R.
5-19-17
I'm not sure if that could cause issues and im not sure how to test it, because "how slow, is slow enough"? What i can do is, to add you as administrator to server i'm using for testing (same version) so you can test it.

If that is suitable for you, then please provide me your Standard ID.
Aldevinas Katkus
5-19-17
Created byDejan R.08:53 19 May 2017
I'm not sure if that could cause issues and im not sure how to test it, because "how slow, is slow enough"? What i can do is, to add you as administrator to server i'm using for testing (same version) so you can test it. If that is
My idea was: If the connection to the internet is lost at the moment we save the record, then automated sales get confused and this slows down saving even the both the server and clients are on the same LAN.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024