changing fiscal years with no Transactions numbering defined
Aldevinas Katkus
5-27-21
Operating system: macOS
We need to change fiscal years so that it will be like:
2020-01-01:2021-03-31 <<<15 months

2021-04-01:2022-03-31

The client had no number series defined for NL transactions and some transactions dissappeared after importing into the DB, because (I guess) numbers overlapped.

Maybe there are some tricks to renumber transactions during the import/export?

Or should I write some export/import/maintenance to do this?
Anna Lasko
6-11-21
Hi Aldevinas,

After consulting with my colleague I got the following info for you:

There is a code in the transaction so that the transaction knows which fiscal year it belongs to. There would be a problem if the 2020 fiscal year was Jan-Dec and the 2021 was also Jan-Dec, and they changed 2020 to be 15 months after some 2021 transactions were entered, but even that change is quite difficult to do as the program doesn't allow it, precisely because it is a sign that there is a big mess ahead.

What you could try to do is a Register Export and change the transactions manually in a spreadsheet, depends on how many there are, of course. You would need to change the fiscal year code as well as the number.

Please let us know if this helps.

Kind regards,
Anna

Aldevinas Katkus
6-15-21
I understand it as I will have to program renumbering...
Anna Lasko
7-6-21
Hey Aldevinas,

Did you manage to fix the issue?

Kind regards,

Anna
Aldevinas Katkus
7-9-21
I have made a maintenance to renumber transactions, though not tested with customer's data yet.
Brittany McGrath
9-6-21
Hi Aldevinas,

Following up to see if this issue has been resolved or do you still require assistance?

Kind regards,

Brittany (HansaWorld)
Aldevinas Katkus
9-9-21
We resolved this by writing a maintenance. Problem solved.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but &quot;less expressed&quot;....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client&apos;s HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024