UK > MTD > Applying for Access Token
Sanjay Parbhoo
10-12-21
Operating system: Windows
Version 8.5 2021.07.30

Hi,

The customer is trying to register for MTD for the first time. They have all the required access rights. When they click "Request Access Token" an internet explorer window should open that takes you to the HMRC website.

Instead, the customer gets the following message : "Receiving access token failed"

I have not seen this before. There are no log messages in the log file.

Any ideas anyone?
Nejc R.
10-12-21
are they behind some firewall that could be blocking the server its trying to call? Or the service is down somehow.
Sanjay Parbhoo
10-12-21
Created byNejc R.12:34 12 Oct 2021
are they behind some firewall that could be blocking the server its trying to call? Or the service is down somehow.
Thank you for you quick reply Nejc

I think managed to work it out. We were using the incorrect ID and Sender key. I was using the one's in the sample data as the ones in the pdf manual for MTD were incorrect too. I managed to get the correct ones in an import file and after importing those it now works.

Many thanks again.

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024