deleting a record opens wrong record afterwards
Aldevinas Katkus
2-10-22
Operating system: Windows
We have, e.g., Contacts browse window sorted by Name.
We open a Contact record from the browse window.
if we delete a contact, then next Contact is being opened which is not the next one in the browse window.
Example:
we have a sorted Contacts browse window where Code column is shown as follows: VK20...VK23,VK24,VK28...VK40, records sorted by Name. After deleting the record where Code=VK24, a record with Code=KUKUTA is opened, neither the record VK23 nor VK28 which where immediately before and after that record VK24in the browse window.

Same with Sales orders, sorted by order date.

Is it a bug or feature?
We expect a single record window to "know" the sorting order from the browse window when we delete a record in the record details window, so after deleting a record the next record we expect will be opened.
2-28-22
Hi Aldevinas,
I hope you are well.
Can you please provide me with further info such as which system and version you are operating?
I have to investigate and engage a PM to take a look at this.

Thank you,

Arthur
Brittany McGrath
3-29-22
Hi Aldevinas,
Can you please confirm if this is still an issue?
Thank you.
Kaido Schmidt
6-13-22
Created byBrittany McGrath07:27 29 Mar 2022
Hi Aldevinas, Can you please confirm if this is still an issue? Thank you.
Yes, tested and replicated and still an issue in 8.5 2022-04-16
Kaido
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Thank you very much for the help. Best Regards, Daniel...
07:07 28 Apr 2024
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
15:52 26 Apr 2024