Auto Update
Sanjay Parbhoo
3-24-22
Operating system: Windows

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how the client auto update works now? There are newver and oldver foldlers. I think shortcuts are now pointing to the exe files in these folders but its not consistent.

Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Bror-Erik Kotiranta
3-25-22
Hi,

so before update is started(after export), the new things are downloaded to newer.
After this oldver folder is created and hob hdb and exes are moved from root to oldver and then from newer stuff is moved to root and import started.
This should be consistent
Sanjay Parbhoo
3-28-22
Created byBror-Erik Kotiranta17:19 25 Mar 2022
Hi, so before update is started(after export), the new things are downloaded to newer. After this oldver folder is created and hob hdb and exes are moved from root to oldver and then from newer stuff is moved to root and import started. This should be co
Thanks,

I have a customer that seems to be running their version in the oldver folder for some reason. Might be a permissions issue then. I will investigate.

Jennifer
4-4-22
Created bySanjay Parbhoo11:21 28 Mar 2022
Thanks, I have a customer that seems to be running their version in the oldver folder for some reason. Might be a permissions issue then. I will investigate.
Hi Sanjay,

Is this topic now resolved or any open queries?

Regards

Jen
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-4-22
Created byJennifer11:31 4 Apr 2022
Hi Sanjay, Is this topic now resolved or any open queries? Regards Jen
Yes, resolved. Thanks
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024