global users allowed to login into wrong company
Aldevinas Katkus
5-31-17
I have global users emabled and in the global users I have set that user Laura can go into company 2 (there is only one row in the global users setting), but when I log in, I am logged into company 1.
Why I am allowed to log in to the company not listed in the global users setting?
Giuseppe L.
6-1-17
Good afternoon Aldevinas,
it looks like something it’s not working as it should.
First check if in SY>>Settings>>Optional features they have - Use global users = ON
and if in any another company this user is not pre-defined as other person.
Please update us once you have checked if something was missing in the settings/registers.

Best Regard
Giuseppe L.
HansaWorld Team
Aldevinas Katkus
6-2-17
SY>>Settings>>Optional features>>Use global users = ON
all users are only in the first company (register Persons).
Giuseppe L.
6-6-17
Good morning Aldevinas,
Sorry for the long delay in answering you but it took more than expected to replicate what your are experiencing and I hope to have figured out your issue.
First be sure to have the same Access Groups in all the companies, than set the user rights up in a way that the User will access to the modules he/she should use, for example: If you want to allow Laura to access to the SL be sure all the companies have the same access groups and than select the access group which allow to access to the SL.
In Technins>>Register: Global Users>>Flip: Companies>>into the matrix fill the field Code with the company you want to give access and in the Access Group the grout which allows to access to SL. If you want to give full access to the user Laura to all the modules in the Company 2 you should specify group per group in a way she will have access to all the moduels.

Best Regard
Giuseppe L.
HansaWorld Team
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024