entering an asset revaluation
Aldevinas Katkus
11-30-17
How should I enter an asset revaluation in v. 8.3 if I increase the value of an asset?
Few versions ago I used to enter a new increased value in the new value field as "purchase value" + "increase", however I get incorrect depreciation amount in the depreciation report if I enter in such a way. If I enter "residual value"+"increase" I get correct depreciation amount, but other columns are incorrect.
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
12-4-17
Hello.

You register asset revaluation using Revaluations register.
You enter new asset value that is purchase value + increase in field

Start Value 1 - for Model 1
or/and
Start Value 2 - for Model 2

Starting date 1 ( or/and 2) will decide when revaluation is taken into account for your depreciation.

Aldevinas Katkus
12-4-17
Created byAgnieszka Klimkiewicz14:32 4 Dec 2017
Hello. You register asset revaluation using Revaluations register. You enter new asset value that is purchase value + increase in field Start Value 1 - for Model 1 or/and Start Value 2 - for Model 2 Starting date 1 ( or/and 2) will decide when revalua
If I enter this way I (and our clients) get too big depreciated value per month:
In the Asset record:
purchase date=2012-12-13, start date1= 2013-01-01, asset value € 5796.17, model=120 (120 months=10 years), straight line, residual value=0.00

Revaluation record:
Asset life is not changed (120 months), new percentage for the model is calculated according to the formula in hansamanuals.com.
transaction date=start date1=2017-03-01
model=17_14 (17.14%/year)
new start value1 =5796.17+559.8 =6356.05

depreciation per month should be about 50+ euros/month, the report shows 90+ €.

Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
12-8-17
Hello.

So I double checked calculation mentioned from our manual and I found it is not correct.
I talked to manual writer and we corrected it in the manual page you mentioned.

So please use currently available calculation and all should be fine.

Regards.

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024