Known serial numbers
8-31-22
Operating system: Windows
Hi, I have question regarding serial number items that I hope you can help med with.

When I create an order with 2 serial number items it shows on one row in the order. Thats fine.

Then when I create a delivery from that order the item shows in two rows and Im able to add their serial number. Thats perfect.

But when I create the invoice from the order, the items shows on one row again and im not able to add the serial numbers. Thats fine but the problem is that the register ”known serial number” uses the information from the invoice to create new posts. Is it possible to create posts for known serial number register from the delivery instead?

Bror-Erik Kotiranta
9-1-22
Hello,

I´m asking now a colleague as I don't recall this by heart
Br, Bror-Erik
9-5-22
Hello,

Whenever you sell an Item with a Serial Number, you can have it added to the Known Serial Number register. This will happen when the Invoice is approved. This feature is optional: if you want to use it, switch on the Update Known Serial Number Register option in the Stock Settings setting.

You can, also create the invoice from the delivery. In this case there should be two rows on the invoice and the known serial number register will be updated accordingly.

Brgds
Rasmus
9-13-22
Created by09:21 5 Sep 2022
Hello, Whenever you sell an Item with a Serial Number, you can have it added to the Known Serial Number register. This will happen when the Invoice is approved. This feature is optional: if you want to use it, switch on the Update Known Serial Number Reg
Hi

Thank you for your answer.

I do want to use that feature and its on. The problem is when I create an invoice from a maintenance routine, the serial number won’t follow because the information is not on the order.

Is it not possible to use automatic invoicing when dealing with serial number?

Best Regards Agnes
9-13-22
Hi,

Which maintenance do you use for creating invoices?

If the serial number isn't pasted on the invoice when using the maintenance, this could be a development wish.

Best Regards,
Rasmus
9-13-22
Created by12:43 13 Sep 2022
Hi, Which maintenance do you use for creating invoices? If the serial number isn't pasted on the invoice when using the maintenance, this could be a development wish. Best Regards, Rasmus
Hi

The maintenance was "invoice delivered orders" but I think we will solve this by using HAL.

Thanks anyway
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, Thank you for reaching out! What error do you get in server log and client log when you run the report? Please check that you have Multi Thread activated in Systems>>Settings>>O...
09:10 15 Apr 2024
Hello, Thank you for reaching out! We did testing in sample data in current released version 2024-03-16. This is not repeatable with this combination. We recommend you to report this as a bug w...
09:08 15 Apr 2024