Report media mFile
Gastón Salomone
8-3-17
Hi,

When user selects File media on report specification, a SaveFileDialog allows the user to select the file name to be generated and Path.
That dialog request a name with .txt extensión, but allows the user to write any name.

I need two things, One is to know which name user write, I want to open the file after report process and generate the file. I need to execute another program once the file is generated on client pc.

The other thing is to know if there is any way to change extensión txt in that dialog, to request a name with .xls extensión for example.

Regards
Dejan R.
8-23-17
Hi,

if i understand you need correctly, you would like to add name of the user to created File name? If that is the case then it can be hardcoded using HAL functionality.

Same solution can be for second part, changing extensions txt to some other extension.

Without HAL both options can be done manually...
Erik Elmgren
8-24-17
string [WindowClass]DefaultFileName(string,record RcVc) should let you change the default filename, but I think you have to suggest a full name.

I don't think you can get the actual filename used at the moment.

Erik
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
Thanks Gatis, anyway it seems to be reported as bug instead of wish because now it depends on who created task for whom, am I right? /Piotr W....
14:39 15 May 2024
Aldevinas Katkus
Actually a new version of this bug is SL>>Reports>>Periodic customer statement "accumulates" amounts Not sure why it was duplicated, I clicked "submit"only once....
08:09 10 May 2024