automatic check for referential integrity and "not null"
Aldevinas Katkus
8-14-19
New ideas have just come to my mind (maybe it should be in the Other Ideas):
When we define a field in a datadef.hal, we can point the table that this field refers to (kind of referential integrity):
ArrayField(Item, M4Code, 20, INVc);

It would be very nice if we had an automatic check if the "Item" field in the case above refers to an existing record in the INVc freeing us, developers to write an extra code in the xxxxRecordCheck(). This could be done automatically without writing any hal code.

Next idea:
We could extend the field definition with an optional parameter "is required" (same as "not null" in SQL terms)
For instance:
RecordField(CustCode,M4Code,20,CUVc, true);

if the last parameter is "true" then RecordCheck should automatically throw an error "field must not be empty" without writing any hal code.

This would free us of writing the same boring code everytime we create a new register or a field to an existing register definition.
Dejan R.
8-20-19
Hello Aldevinas,

yes, your ideas are interesting and i will ask development department to look into it. I would kindly ask you to post a Wish, so development department (and you) can track status of the idea.

Regards
Aldevinas Katkus
8-21-19
Created byDejan R.15:39 20 Aug 2019
Hello Aldevinas, yes, your ideas are interesting and i will ask development department to look into it. I would kindly ask you to post a Wish, so development department (and you) can track status of the idea. Regards
created a new wish https://www.hansaworld.com/lt/issue-tracking/view/1936934442
Martin A.
8-21-19
Thanks. Closing this post.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024