SetCompany() results in multiple logged in users
Aldevinas Katkus
12-13-22
Operating system: Windows
Is it a feature or a bug?

I used to invoke an import procedure from Technics>>Settings>>Timed operations, HAL routine and, suddenly, after changing non-related hal files the SetCompany(compnr,false) started to result in multiple logged in users (of the same user, who logged in first from a client) prohibiting other users to log in into single user companies.
I solved it with
if (ServerMode) then begin
SomeImportIn;
end;

and checking if DirExists() in the SomeImportIn(), because on the client PC import directory does not exist.
I suspect if FileNameFromFolder(nonexistingpath,"") below fails, then ResetCompany() is not executed and we have a user logged in into the company, even though SetCompany(tocompany,false) shouldn't affect logged in users count.
The most interesting part is that it worked for years and I haven't touched that SomeImportIn().

curcomp = CurrentCompany;
if (SetCompany(tocompany,false)) then begin
filename = FileNameFromFolder(nonexistingpath,"");

ResetCompany(curcomp);
end else begin

ResetCompany(curcomp);
end;
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Ibrahim Bashir
Hello, Auto Scan Import folder is ticked. with multi-company database how to tell the file to which company to be imported? is there somewhere to tag the company where the file to be imported? ...
08:08 28 Mar 2024
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
Hello, Our client who has a new contract is trying to access there old database but it gives an error when you try to open the system "window is blocked while license is shut-down ProgressWCla...
07:15 27 Mar 2024