Problems with outgoing mails linked to Gmail
7-16-20
Operating system: macOS
I'm trying to set up Gmail to send using customer's existing info@acmepropshop.com gmail account, which is the admin account for the domain.

I previously had this configuration working when using a different gmail account, xxx@gmail.com. Emails went out fine, but customer didn't want this email address appearing as the From address on their emails. When this was working, they were on 8.5 March 24th version.

They are now on July 7th version, with the setup for info@. No emails have been sent from info@.

I have also created a test client/server on my local machine. If I use my own gmail account, emails work fine. If I use info@, no emails send.

So this tends to suggest that the issue is with the configuration of the Gmail account.

I have tried:
- 2 step verification, but this is currently set off
- an app password, which I copied into the Email SMTP Server setting, but this is currently not being used
- SMTP Relay, but this is currently not being used (as it was not necessary on my own gmail account)
- Less Secure Apps are set to on

Does anyone have any ideas for what to look at?
Simone M.
7-21-20
Hi, to use our Email SMTP service with Gmail accounts first do the following in managing their account:

1) Security >> Less secure app access >> Turn on
2) Security >> Signing Into Google >> 2 Step Verification >> Turn on
3) After you've enabled 2 step verification, go to Security >> Signing Into Google >> App Passwords >> Create app password
4) Use app password as password linked to user email address in SMTP setting

Best Regards,
HansaWorld Support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024