Bar code with Code128
Ele-Riin Raudsepp
11-5-18
Hello,

How to make settings in SERP so I can print barcode with style Code128?

We have tried 6 different fonts with no success - barcodes can be printed but they aren't readable with barcode scanner.
Barcode which is printed out in SERP is different with the ones that can be generated online and are readable with barcode scanners.

Also we have tried many combinations with changing font and settings in SERP style card but still could not print out the right barcode.
Paul Timms
11-6-18
Code128 requires some HAL programming to make it work. You can't just print the field contents as a barcode, the data has to be modified to include things like a start character, checksum digit etc. We have HAL code which works, if you're interested.
Ele-Riin Raudsepp
11-7-18
Created byPaul Timms13:40 6 Nov 2018
Code128 requires some HAL programming to make it work. You can't just print the field contents as a barcode, the data has to be modified to include things like a start character, checksum digit etc. We have HAL code which works, if you're interested.
Yes. I'll Skype you.
Aldevinas Katkus
11-7-18
We used to print barcode 128 with AdvC128b font without hal as far as I remember.
Vadym
11-8-18
https://fonts2u.com/download/code-128.font

This "code 128" font compatible with SERP Standard code128 font generator.
In System - Settings - Styles
Barcode style set to Code 128
Font set to - Code 128 after instal downloaded font.
Tested on 8.4 2018-07-26. String to test "ABCD123abc". MacOs
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024