Stock Positions and Serial Numbers
David Smerdel
1-21-19
I have a customer who started to use positions for stock. They have run into issues with correctly tracking stock at positions.

I traced the issues and found out that the way it is coded, tracking serial numbers at positions in the warehouse is only possible if cost accounting is set to FIFO per serial number.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Surely, this can't be by design?
Is there any way to get items with serial numbers to properly work with stock positions without tracking cost per serial number?
Giuseppe L.
1-28-19
Hello David and thank you for reaching out to us with your enquiry.
Unfortunately we haven't been able to replicate your situation using sample data and settings.
Please report a bug accordingly to our policies and don't forget to attach a backup by with we can experience the issue.

Best Regards,

Giuseppe

Hansaworld Italy
Aldevinas Katkus
1-31-19
IMHO, could be, if you don't have a FIFO per serial number, you can't get a report with correct cost price per serial number, i.e., if you decrease the stock qty, the first item in the FIFO queue will be written-off without paying attention to the serial number.
David Smerdel
2-8-19
That is true....however they don't need (or want) to track cost per serial number.
Swati D.
12-24-19
Hi David

Did you report the issue as suggested to you earlier?
Is this problem solved?

Swati
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
13:09 25 Apr 2024
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024