"Invoice To" field on contact inspect
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
2-6-19
We have a client who contacted us to ask how would they handle a customer of there's who's invoices must always go to the head office which is a different address than the sub-office.

Of course I told them about the "Invoice to" field on the contact card >> Terms Tab.

Issues -

1) Quote still shows the ship to as the Invoice To on the quote with no filed on the quote to add the ship to either. Expecting the Quote to show the correct bill to and ship to...does not seem possible based on field I see on the form.

Order continues to show the wrong "Invoice To"

Invoice simply switches to the correct Invoice To but looses the ship to.

Is there something else we must configure to have things printed correctly.

Quote - Invoice to (taken from "Invoice To" filed on contact inspect) and "Ship to" taken from Delivery address on contact inspect or Invoice Address if no Delivered address is set. In other words delivery address should continue to work as if nothing else changed and work in accordance with regular rules of SERP.

Order - Invoice to (taken from "Invoice To" filed on contact inspect) and Ship to taken from Delivery address on contact inspect or Invoice Address if no Delivered address is set. In other words delivery address should continue to work in accordance with regular rules of SERP.

Invoice - Invoice to (taken from "Invoice To" filed on contact inspect) and Ship to taken from Delivery address on contact inspect or Invoice Address if no Delivered address is set. In other words delivery address should continue to work in accordance with regular rules of SERP.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Wayne
Omar Dottin
2-12-19
Hi Wayne, for this type of scenario, we definitely do support instances where the customer's invoices must always go to the head office which is a different address than the sub-office.

On the contact card, under the Terms Tab, the Invoice To field is used for the following:

If a Contact is a Customer who will not be paying your Invoices themselves but may, for example, be purchasing through a leasing company, enter the Contact Number of that company here (that company must also be a Customer or a Supplier in the Contact register).

When you raise Sales Invoices for the Customer from Sales Orders, they will be made out to the company specified here.

This, of course is different to the Delivery Addresses setting in Sales Orders module. To get the proper address to show you will have to choose a form field from that Delivery Addresses Register.

Please ensure that you choose the right field on the forms that correspond to these instances. I hope this helps. Thanks!

HW Support
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
2-14-19
This is the problem "This, of course is different to the Delivery Addresses setting in Sales Orders module. To get the proper address to show you will have to choose a form field from that Delivery Addresses Register. "

Which is the correct field? I cannot seem to get it to work correctly no matter which fields I use.
Omar Dottin
12-27-19
The form fieldname is called Delivery Address. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Omar
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for reaching out! What error do you get in server log and client log when you run the report? Please check that you have Multi Thread activated in Systems>>Settings>>O...
09:10 15 Apr 2024