Mobile Device Client with scanner
Nadezda Kuzmich
4-13-17
Please advice, we have the following requirements:

- Mobile device works with scanner
- Scanner operates like a normal keyboard

- HW Books client works on this device
- It is possible to install/compile halcust - hal customization on mobile client

Is there any good solution ?
Do you have tested experience ?

//Nadja 13.04.2017

wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-24-17
I am not sure what you are asking here but I have tested SERP on panasonic's tablets that have built-in scanners and we are about to test on Zebra's units. We successfully compiled HAL on the panasonic units and do not anticipate issues with Zebra. Depending on the need you have a lot of options to choose from with Zebra. These unit are pricy however. TC56 is about 1500USD very rugged device and runs Android 5.1 and comes with scanner and wedges to move data from scan to your application.

I hope this helps.
Janne Karonsuo
5-11-17
Finland build (with help of Burti) a mobile app for ERP year ago with scanning. My first impression is to go on with some Anroid device, since HAL can be added to Android client without need for external software (when modified iOS client need to have Apple corporate licenses to run)
Aldevinas Katkus
6-12-17
Created byJanne Karonsuo10:07 11 May 2017
Finland build (with help of Burti) a mobile app for ERP year ago with scanning. My first impression is to go on with some Anroid device, since HAL can be added to Android client without need for external software (when modified iOS client need to have App
Is there a way to run Android client with hals? Currently it crashes with "internal function table full". Are there any tricks to not download all the hals to the android phone?
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi Rasmus, We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do. So are you saying we should have this t...
13:19 29 Apr 2024
Hi there, We've noticed that the current version (8.5 2024-03-16) flickers and pauses every minute or so when installed in standalone mode - we have standalone installations for support purpos...
13:08 29 Apr 2024