Multi Company Database
Lee D Papworth
7-18-19
Does anyone have any guidance/documentation how best to take a company out of a multi company hdb and then set them up as a stanalone StandardERP install please?

Would appreciate some help asap
Sanjay Parbhoo
7-19-19
Hi Lee

I think it depends on the number the company is in the company list. If they are company 1 then its relatively straight forward.

- mark the unwanted companies as deleted in admin mode
- export import
- delete the unwanted companies from the register

Unfortunately, if they are not company 1 then you I think you have to build a new hdb and import the company backup into it. You lose your attachment links unfortunately. Can be solved with hal i believe.
Martin A.
7-19-19
Hi Lee,

Hope you are doing well.

What Sanjay says is correct.

What I usually do now and then I customer ask for this, is:

1. Take a company backup from that specific company.
2. Import in the new standalone installation and check that everything is fine.
3. Go back to the multi-company installation and select companies>Open process wheel>>Open company settings>>Flip B>>Select Inactivate with paste special.

In this case it is still in the database but is not counted as a company in the db.

If you wish to delete, do as Sanjay says.

Sanjay - Thanks

Kind regards,
Martin Arnbom

Lee D Papworth
7-19-19
Thanks Guys that gives me a good start to have a play. Much appreciated.

Regards

Lee
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024