Can't launch software from Mac exe
4-24-20
Operating system: macOS
Customer is running Purplesoft, which is built on the Books engine although looks like Standard ERP.

When the customer tries to launch the application from the exe, they are getting a 327 error, which indicates that hansa.hct is missing from the hob. I think I've seen something like this when the user tries to run the application from inside the compressed installer. The only way that the software can be launched is by double-clicking the .hdf file, not the application. As a result, it's not possible to put any shortcut in the dock.

I'm wondering whether this is in some way associated with security and privileges. If I go to Security and Privacy, and try to grant Full Disk Access to the Purplesoft app, I get a generic Mac OS error (Preferences Error: there was an error in Security & Privacy settings).

Can anyone help identify what is going on here?
Omar Dottin
4-27-20
Hello! This error (hansa.hct missing) is generated from OS Catalina. The way to get around it is by going to System Preferences > Security and Privacy, and then grant Full Disk Access to the Purplesoft app:

If you are getting "Preferences Error:there was an error in Security & Privacy settings"

You can try the following:

1) Log out of your Mac OS X user account and then log in. After, try to open Security & Privacy again.

2) Run Disk Utility -> First Aid on your Mac OS X volume and verify it passes consistency checks.

3) If the above steps do not work, perform a Mac OS X recovery install. This will re-install your Mac operating system without erasing your information and data.

We are fixing as a high priority the issue of hansa.hct missing message so that it no longer shows for new installations of HW software.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

HW Support
4-28-20
Created byOmar Dottin16:48 27 Apr 2020
Hello! This error (hansa.hct missing) is generated from OS Catalina. The way to get around it is by going to System Preferences > Security and Privacy, and then grant Full Disk Access to the Purplesoft app: If you are getting "Preferences Error:there was
I asked them to reboot their clients. They tried 3 times, without success.

I doubt very much it is 2 or 3 - because they are experiencing the same issue on three different Macs. I find it hard to recommend a full Mac OS X recovery install...

Any other ideas?
Omar Dottin
4-28-20
We are still checking for any other possible solutions other than full Mac OS X recovery, will update if any further developments.
Best,
HW Support
Omar Dottin
5-4-20
Hello! From our findings this error is currently occurring with apps installed on Mojave OS

Fix:
1. ReInstall app in a location that is not Mojave applications folder
Or

2. Update to Catalina OS

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Best Regards,
HW Support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024