Administration of command line external gateway client
Paul Timms
5-19-17
Are there any instructions for administering a mail gateway client which is running in a non-GUI interface? The only way I can see to change settings is to move the HDB to a GUI client, but it would be better if there was something similar to "Admin client".
Giuseppe L.
5-19-17
Hello Paul,
the way you are referring to is the most commonly used. The users usually find the GUI more practical. To change the settings you can move the Gateway HDB file to a GUI Client, update the settings and move the HDB file to the slave Gateway back. This is not elegant, but faster.

In order to achieve your purpose you should follow step by step this instruction:
If the Gateway machine does not have a graphical interface and/or is not accessible (e.g. it is in a different building), you should work on a normal client machine to create the Gateway database, which you will then copy to the Gateway machine when the configuration work is complete. Remove the existing database (named "HANSA.HDB") from the folder containing the Standard ERP client application, and then launch the application. Because there is now no database in the folder containing the application, a new database will be created.

You can file the extended guide on how to set a Gateway and a mail system up on the hansamanual.com site:
http://hansamanuals.com/main/mailnumber___60009/theconf___85/manuals/version___82/english/hwconvindex.htm?shortcode=HW0602SETTINGUP_External_Mail

Best Regard

Giuseppe L.
HansaWorld Team
Aldevinas Katkus
4-20-18
Created byGiuseppe L.13:25 19 May 2017
Hello Paul, the way you are referring to is the most commonly used. The users usually find the GUI more practical. To change the settings you can move the Gateway HDB file to a GUI Client, update the settings and move the HDB file to the slave Gateway bac
the manual says ..."Automatic External Gateway" in this documentation. This option can only be used with a Mac OS X server.

Is this still true about the Mac OS?
I tried it on Linux and it says:
2018-04-20 23:48:00 ERROR: Slave executable not found, can't launch gateway client

even though Slave exe is there.
EmailGateway folder is created as per manual.

Aldevinas Katkus
4-30-18
Created byAldevinas Katkus22:56 20 Apr 2018
the manual says ..."Automatic External Gateway" in this documentation. This option can only be used with a Mac OS X server. Is this still true about the Mac OS? I tried it on Linux and it says: 2018-04-20 23:48:00 ERROR: Slave executable not found, can'
The problem was that the server .exe name has an ending with "64". I have copied the slave executable to StandardERPServer64-Slave and it looks the main exe is trying to start the slave, but cannot. It's the same problem we have faced a few months ago (Slave exe thinks there is no RAM):

2018-04-30 08:52:27 Application shutdown properly...
2018-04-30 12:00:33 (-1) database cache may be max 80% of physical RAM (physical
RAM is: 0bytes, attempted to use: 100000bytes for DB cache)
2018-04-30 12:00:33 (-1) Exit

It may be related to our virtual server (Centos 7) configuration I guess, because the gateway runs on the Centos 7 on another virtual server.
Any more ideas?
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024