No Invoice without Delivery
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-29-17
HI,

Is there a way to stop Sales Order -> Create Invoice if no delivery has been done.

Customer uses a lot of plain items but auto deliver is off as the current implementation will not allow changes to the Sale Order is delivered and often they need to make adjustments to orders even if the plain items exist.

Now I run into an issue where they are able to Invoice when the items are not delivered.

Is there a way to not use "Auto-deliver plain and service items" but force the creation of a delivery before they invoice?

Thanks,
Wayne
Björn Schwab
11-30-17
You must have set this up wrongly
- if you have auto delivery turned off, you have to create delivery before invoice.
- Or are have you set up with invoice before delivery?
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
12-1-17
Not sure, I will check the system but you have confirmed y suspicions...it must be our error as that is how I thought it was supposed to work.

Thanks,

Wayne
Swati D.
12-4-17
Created bywdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca21:13 1 Dec 2017
Not sure, I will check the system but you have confirmed y suspicions...it must be our error as that is how I thought it was supposed to work. Thanks, Wayne
Hi Wayne

Please ensure Module Stock>>Settings>>Stock settings>> Automatic delivery for service and plain items is not ticked.

Thanks

Swati
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
12-5-17
Hi, Okay figured out where this is happening.

When you use a Project to generate an invoice the system is letting you invoice without a delivery. Plain and service items are not set to auto-deliver.

Further issue with Projects. When you set the tax nexus on the customer it will not allow you to change it on the project.

This is a bug (Regional) but work around to change tax nexus on Bill To client does not work on projects due to limitation of not being able to change it on the project.

Should I report this as a bug. Using 8.3 and wait for 8.4 to test....:-)
Swati D.
12-6-17
Created bywdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca17:28 5 Dec 2017
Hi, Okay figured out where this is happening. When you use a Project to generate an invoice the system is letting you invoice without a delivery. Plain and service items are not set to auto-deliver. Further issue with Projects. When you set the tax n
Hi Wayne

Yes please report it with steps as per Issue tracking guidelines

Many thanks

Swati
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024