Help with deploying dual currencies in SERP
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
2-5-18
The challenge:

We have noticed that SERP is always trying to report financial values in base currencies.

This is causing our clients issue as they try to handle the 2 following situations. Can anyone suggest how to set the system up so we can acheive the following.

1) Bank reconciliation is not looking at the transaction amount but rather showing a converted amount to reconcile. This is confusing the clients Canadian client having US Bank accounts receive bank statements in US amounts and it is difficult to reconcile as conversions become necessary. I need to be able to force the account reconciliation of the US Currency account to show the transaction amount instead of the converted amount to Canadian $$.

2) Customer statements are printing in the base currency. What is HW suggesting we do in order to allow US Bank accounts to be reconciled in US amount (original transaction amounts) and How do we generate US Customer Account Statements in USD?

I am wondering is the key is in correctly deploying BASE 1 as Canadian and BASE 2 as USD and go from there.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Wayne
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024