Re: Android Client
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
1-4-18
Hi Erik,

As promised I tested on the new 8.4 release of December 2017. Android client still hands just trying to scroll down a list of quotations on Android 6.0.1.

I noticed that SERP now has great support for hiding normal fields and renaming fields and yes that is a great little feature but I do wish you guys would focus on having a real Android client.

I am constantly falsely reporting to customers that we have it and very soon I am going to run out of places to hide as this will catch up to me. Android devices in North America are now on all newer scanning devices and tables and ELO released in the last quarter a POS terminal running Android.

I just do not know why but do we truly intend to support Android or are we just happy to say we can run on Android.

As Cannabis moves into the realm of legal here in North America SERP is poised to bring a real solutions to that very lucrative market but with the promise of support (working running software) for Android is not yet there we will not survive and our competitors will catch and beat us soon. I am working with one of the largest distributors of POS hardware in North America but they wish to see the proof before they hand over leads. They have seen SERP at work on PC's and waiting to see us on Tablets and scanners.

Comments please as I cannot get it working well enough to get anyone's attention.

Anxiously awaiting a working Android client.

Wayne
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024