Re: Re: Re: Upgrading from early 8.4 to current 8.4 hall error
Julia Underwood
2-20-18
My latest tests have brought me to a theory on this.

If a database has phone numbers in it that are longer than the field, that is greater than 20, then the import fails and does not complete.
Earlier versions were tolerant of this. The message shows: Too long string during import.... but after a number of these the import fails.
I have increased the length of the telephone number fields in hal I did them one by one, until all the messages cleared and the import completed, almost, it still crashes very near the end. So the database is still not sound.
I am assuming that normalised telephone numbers or something else that may have changed to cause this.

I am now trying to reconfirm this in my other database, I am aware that they have some long values, these may be be in other fields, I will check
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
Hi, I noticed that when I create an Activity as the To do (task type) for myself, then I can see this task immediately on the list of Task Manager. When somebody else will do the task for me, then ...
08:25 10 May 2024
Aldevinas Katkus
Actually a new version of this bug is SL>>Reports>>Periodic customer statement "accumulates" amounts Not sure why it was duplicated, I clicked "submit"only once....
08:09 10 May 2024