flds2>arp->fldcount
Neil
2018-03-01
Can anyone tell me exactly what the error "flds2>arp->fldcount" means? (Standard ERP v 8.4)


Once a client attempts to connect to the server this error appears and shuts down. All I could discern is it is related to the fields defined in the hal compared to the database.

I can only reproduce it in client-server mode and only it appeared when I added data to a newly added field in an existing block.

This is the block I suspect is causing the issue:

BlockBegin(PMBlock,-,"");
NewAutosyncHBlock(kSyncDirectionToClient);
RecordField(Math,M4Matrix,0,0);
ArrayBegin(Math,-,1);
... existing fields ...
ArrayField(LastNo,M4Long,0,0); //Added Field
ArrayField(Reporting,M4Set,96,0); //Added Field
EndArray;
EndBlock;

Both client and server have the halcust and an export->import has been done.

My question is what exactly triggers this error and is there any way to debug it further than this generic error message?

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Paul Timms
Hi Andis, if you go to Support > FAQ, there's a section containing all of the known parameters. Paul...
15:06 11 Sep 2026
Paul Timms
Is it possible to use the parameter --skip-register-on-import with multiple registers, either by using a comma-separated string or by specifying this parameter multiple times in parameters.txt? Thi...
15:00 11 Sep 2026